2 templates on 1 site?

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
Craig

2 templates on 1 site?

Post by Craig »

Hi All.
Still Loving CMSimple - having fun as only us users can understand.

So - Is it possible to use 2 templates on one site.
For example - I'd like the home page to use one layout, but the content pages to have another layout?
Too complicated for CMSimple?
Kr, Craig.
Gert

Re: 2 templates on 1 site?

Post by Gert »

Hello,

every single page can have an own template, use the "page" tab above the editor, and you will find a selectbox "Page template:" with all installed templates,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
Craig

Post by Craig »

OMG - I love this software.
Thank you so much. :)
/Craig - Ware - UK
Craig

Post by Craig »

Oh dear, I've hit a problem.
I've put a page into a maintenance template, and now I can't edit it to change it to another template.
It just stays in "This site is under maintenance at the moment." mode.
Stuck. :?:

<small typo fix>
Last edited by Craig on Fri 20. Sep 2013, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
Craig

Post by Craig »

and I can't see how to edit the additional template or CSS from within CMSimple.
I select a page that has a new template, but when I select template or stylesheet from Settings, it only loads the default template. :(
Sorry to ask so many questions.
Gert

Post by Gert »

Craig wrote:I've put a page into a maintenance template, and now I can't edit it to change it to another template.
Hehe - you are the first one, who has done that ;)

Rename the maintenance template and set the page back to the default template. After that do not forget to rename the renamed maintenance template back.
Craig wrote:and I can't see how to edit the additional template or CSS from within CMSimple.
That's not possible, and you should not edit the template.htm or the stylesheet.css online, that's dangerous, you should do that only in an emergency case. You don't have an undo-function in CMSimple, and so you can destroy the website. The best way to develop templates is offline, in a server environment like Xampp.

An option is to make the page-template to default in the CMS configuration, then you can edit it, but during this time all pages without a page-template are visible in that template.

Another way is to use the TemplateSwitch Plugin and set "active in backend: " to "true". That plugin is session based, only you see the website in the selected template.

But as I said: I do not recommend to edit the template files online,

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services