Page 1 of 1
Plugins zip file
Posted: Tue 29. Sep 2026, 09:42
by alessandro9
Hi,
A greeting from a newcomer to the forum.
I recently discovered CMSimple.
I was looking for a lightweight CMS and found CMSimple, which is a
flexible and easily customizable product.
Congratulations.
The feature I’ve missed the most is the ability to upload Templates e Plugins
directly as.
It seems to me that this would be fairly easy to implement if there is widespread interest in this feature.
Alessandro.
Re: Plugins zip file
Posted: Tue 29. Sep 2026, 14:44
by Gonzo Gates
Hello Alessandro,
CMSimple means "simple". It is not a big orcestra like Jommla or WordPress you can run the easy way. You have to put your hands on it.
Some days ago in an other thread Gert wrote
Die Rolling Stones wussten es schon vor mehr als 50 Jahren: You Can’t Always Get What You Want
And CMSimple is a CMS, that you can configuer everywhere to your needs: Configuratinfiles, coding and CSS. I've made it this way.
Have fun with this simple CMS and don't forget to read the fffine handbook (RTFM).
Gruß
Gonzo
Re: Plugins zip file
Posted: Tue 29. Sep 2026, 18:23
by Gert
Hi Alessandro,
thanks for sharing your idea here in the forum. As I understand it, you want to upload a zip file, unzip it on the server, and then delete it. That way you want to install templates and plugins, right?
However, I don't want to extend CMSimple, I promised my customers to keep CMSimple small and simple.
But you may provide it as plugin or addon. Because a filemanager for the userfiles folders already exists as standard plugin, you should not name it "filemanager"
Good luck - Gert
Re: Plugins zip file
Posted: Tue 29. Sep 2026, 22:42
by alessandro9
Ah, it's not a major expansion in terms of size. In the end, it will be about 500–600 lines to add to the CMS.
Well, if you change your mind, we can talk again.
Best regards.
Alessandro