Hi,
A greeting from a newcomer to the forum.
I recently discovered CMSimple.
I was looking for a lightweight CMS and found CMSimple, which is a
flexible and easily customizable product.
Congratulations.
The feature I’ve missed the most is the ability to upload Templates e Plugins
directly as.
It seems to me that this would be fairly easy to implement if there is widespread interest in this feature.
Alessandro.
Plugins zip file
-
Gonzo Gates
- Posts: 388
- Joined: Thu 19. Jan 2023, 21:46
Re: Plugins zip file
Hello Alessandro,
CMSimple means "simple". It is not a big orcestra like Jommla or WordPress you can run the easy way. You have to put your hands on it.
Some days ago in an other thread Gert wrote
Have fun with this simple CMS and don't forget to read the fffine handbook (RTFM).
Gruß
Gonzo
CMSimple means "simple". It is not a big orcestra like Jommla or WordPress you can run the easy way. You have to put your hands on it.
Some days ago in an other thread Gert wrote
And CMSimple is a CMS, that you can configuer everywhere to your needs: Configuratinfiles, coding and CSS. I've made it this way.Die Rolling Stones wussten es schon vor mehr als 50 Jahren: You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Have fun with this simple CMS and don't forget to read the fffine handbook (RTFM).
Gruß
Gonzo
Ich kenne keinen Sysadmin oder Programmierer, der sich noch nie ins Knie geschossen hat; mich mit eingeschlossen 
Re: Plugins zip file
Hi Alessandro,
thanks for sharing your idea here in the forum. As I understand it, you want to upload a zip file, unzip it on the server, and then delete it. That way you want to install templates and plugins, right?
However, I don't want to extend CMSimple, I promised my customers to keep CMSimple small and simple.
But you may provide it as plugin or addon. Because a filemanager for the userfiles folders already exists as standard plugin, you should not name it "filemanager"
Good luck - Gert
thanks for sharing your idea here in the forum. As I understand it, you want to upload a zip file, unzip it on the server, and then delete it. That way you want to install templates and plugins, right?
However, I don't want to extend CMSimple, I promised my customers to keep CMSimple small and simple.
But you may provide it as plugin or addon. Because a filemanager for the userfiles folders already exists as standard plugin, you should not name it "filemanager"
Good luck - Gert
-
alessandro9
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat 26. Sep 2026, 19:43
Re: Plugins zip file
Ah, it's not a major expansion in terms of size. In the end, it will be about 500–600 lines to add to the CMS.
Well, if you change your mind, we can talk again.
Best regards.
Alessandro
Well, if you change your mind, we can talk again.
Best regards.
Alessandro