No page selected

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
jack31

No page selected

Post by jack31 »

Hello to all, :)

When I write and save a page, there is no problem but the CMS tells me .
No page selected
Where can this come from ?
Gert

Re: No page selected

Post by Gert »

Do you have a link to the website, where that happens?

Normally, after saving the same page should be selected ...

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
jack31

Post by jack31 »

Hello Gert, :)

This appeared only yesterday and that's why I was worried.

https://orgues-barbarie-toulouse.org
Gert

Post by Gert »

jack31 wrote: Mon 1. Mar 2021, 19:57 This appeared only yesterday ...
Ok, so now I can lay down again :roll:

=============================

PS: You get this message, if you are in edit mode amd no page is selected, because there is nothing to edit in this case.
jack31

Post by jack31 »

Hello Gert,

OK, thanks, I had thought of something like that and, although I am better at CMSimpe, I am sometimes surprised.

Surprised especially because I find this CMS really very well done and don't understand why it's no longer known in France because it competes very well with what exists here ;)

This brings me to another question.

I noticed yesterday a slowdown in the use of the CMS and I don't know if it's due to the connection of my house, slowdown of the server or the important number of articles I've registered these last days on this site.

I seem to have read somewhere that this CMS has limitations regarding the volume of data or the number of simultaneous connections of visitors.

Can you tell me what's going on with that ?
Gert

Post by Gert »

jack31 wrote: Tue 2. Mar 2021, 14:11 I noticed yesterday a slowdown in the use of the CMS and I don't know if it's due to the connection of my house, slowdown of the server or the important number of articles I've registered these last days on this site.

I seem to have read somewhere that this CMS has limitations regarding the volume of data or the number of simultaneous connections of visitors.
and today? ;)

believe me, you are miles away from any limit. CMSimple is quick, even with hundreds of pages.

There may be diverse reasons for a slow website:

- Server (bad neighbourhood with much traffic on shared servers)
- Client (restart your PC)
- Connection (your PC is getting updates in the background)

... or loaded elements in the content. One large image, much larger than needed on the page, takes more loading time than CMSimple with 500 pages.

I also do not believe, that the traffic on your websites has a critical volume,

Gert
jack31

Post by jack31 »

It was you who wrote somewhere...
"Usually the capacity limit of CMSimple is not reached, I have already seen larger pages". (Gert)
;)

Today, everything is OK but you are right. There are sometimes server slowdowns, our computer is slowed down, and lots of reasons and I am reassured by what you are telling me.

Another subject.

I would like to know, if it is possible, to open a link from the menu in a new window (target="_blank" or something like that).

Just one.
Gert

Post by Gert »

jack31 wrote: Wed 3. Mar 2021, 09:02 I would like to know, if it is possible, to open a link from the menu in a new window (target="_blank" or something like that).
No - the menu is a page internal navigation, and beside this the user should decide, if a link opens in a new tab (right mouse button),

Gert
jack31

Post by jack31 »

the user has to decide whether a link opens in a new tab (right mouse button)
Yes, I know that and I suspected that in the menu it was not possible. I can put my link in an infobox ;)

But it was for a rather special purpose.

As multimedia2 doesn't suit my needs, I adapted a multi-track player to the CMS but my problem is that the music stops when the visitor changes page.

Usually I always find a solution but this time I don't know how to solve this problem.

You can see the topic in action in *ttps://testof.eu/

In Infobox News02 , there is a link
"Listen to the barrel organ by visiting the site"
To prevent the music from stopping at each page change, this link opens a page equipped with the player in a new window and the visitor is informed that he must keep this page open .

This is not ideal but it's all I found.