Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

CMSimple 4.0 und höher
jack31

Re: Problem with the search engine (Error 500)

Post by jack31 »

A few months ago, I migrated two of my sites (the main ones) to CSMsimple
:oops: No, is a typo of the translator. il there an other CMS.
Gert

Post by Gert »

Ok, an answer to your question:

CMSimple is exactly what I want. I keep it simply, and sometimes I simply say "no" to some wishes of users. The result is a simply and small CMS.

Other CMS can more, but the most users are using just a few of functionality, and the rest is ballast.

I can not prevent you to discover CMSimple by youself, and if you like it, all is good. But if you find out sometime, that CMSimple is not enough for your project, your search will begin from the scratch.

CMSimple will stay simple and small - that's what you should know before you marry it ;)

Gert
Gert Ebersbach | CMSimple | Templates - Plugins - Services
jack31

Post by jack31 »

Yes, I completely understand this and that's what seduced me with this CMS with the extra quality.

What's a bit scary (I wrote "a bit") is the commercial turn regretted by some previous users who, although they understand that the project should not live only on love, have a stomach ache at the idea of paying a license and go see elsewhere.

I guess it's "an annoying subject" but a wise webmaster, especially an amateur one, must think about it if he wants to respect the terms of the license. But where is the limit?

I'm one of those who understand that a merchant who takes advantage of the tool participates in his financial share, but what about a passionate person who would sell his model boats, a few books a year, or would round up his ends of month by paying for a service from time to time.

I am thinking of the tax department in France which does not levy taxes on what it calls "non-commercial profits".

I don't know you well enough to answer this serious question ;)
Gert

Post by Gert »

jack31 wrote: Wed 24. Feb 2021, 19:21 ... but what about a passionate person who would sell his model boats, a few books a year, or ...
I get tears in my eyes, because of that poor people with theire expensive hobbys, hobbys that does not leave some money for the website, to pay once forever, not monthly, not yearly. Thoose people, who are meaning that CMSimple + RealBlog + Comments + default template to get for free is not enough :roll:

I'm not willing to discuss this theme, it is as it is, and I'm not willing to change it. If you call that an disadvantage, now you have found one ;)

Beside this: Everybody is allowed to offer (his own!) templates and plugins for CMSimple, free for everybody, it is not forbidden,

Gert
jack31

Post by jack31 »

ne suis pas prêt à discuter de ce thème, il est tel qu'il est, et je ne suis pas prêt à le changer. Si vous appelez cela un inconvénient, maintenant vous en avez trouvé un
Yes, I understand that too, but I'm just a 70-year-old geek whose passion is tinkering with the web and profit is only about personal satisfaction. :lol:

The cost of fun when there are other playgrounds is indeed a drag on my expenses and it's a shame that I can't code plugins and templates as I'm not good enough at PHP. I could have sold you some. :mrgreen:

On the other hand, your interest would be to widen your audience (I say commercially speaking) and y note that the French public is obliged to translate the software itself and that French speakers, like me, have a hard time getting the help, tips and tricks necessary to start your production.

That's why I started tuto-cmsimple.reseauk.info for my personal satisfaction (I continue to translate there) and I deeply regretted that the site https://www.cmsimple.fr is no longer maintained to the great despair of my compatriots (and other Francophones).

Rather than paying for a license that I don't need to sell a few miserable books (actually tutorials about my other passions) because I don't lack the means, the idea came to me of a possible "collaboration" that would suit everyone and would probably go beyond simple translations.

Well, I won't haggle over the price of a license but I would be happy to continue with this nice program as long as I have fun collaborating with the one that took over its distribution.

Do you think it's possible to have a conversation about this ?
jack31

Post by jack31 »

CMSimple is fantastic.

It's only been online for a few hours (still empty of content and not even set up for search engines) that the website https://tuto-cmsimple.reseauk.info/ with the keywords "cmsimple français" is already on the first Google page in sixth place.

Bouleversant ! :D

https://www.google.com/search?channel=f ... n%C3%A7ais
Gert

Post by Gert »

Hello,

I'm not a hyena with a few of lawyers behind me :lol:

I will register a license for free for you, for a CMSimple Installation of your choice, for your translations. I quite see the benefit for CMSimple.

I did not understand, that you was talking about yourself ;)

If you make websites for customers, there are reseller conditions available. Most of my customers are resellers, self employed webdesigners or agencies. That is my real business,

Gert
jack31

Post by jack31 »

Oops! You only half understood Gert.

Thank you for a "free license of my choice" for my translations but that's not what I'm talking about. I don't need a license because I'm not a reseller or merchant of any kind.

I have at most a few websites that I would like to modernize with CMSimple which I like very much and on some of these websites I offer manuals that I write but rarely sell (it doesn't even pay my server). I'm rather open-source ;)

In fact, my thing being exchange, mutual help and user-friendliness, I'm not used to ask for a license for anything and if your CMS would give me problems with that, no matter how nice it is, I wouldn't advise it to anyone and I wouldn't advertise it either.

So I will use it for my personal needs if at least the current tests convince me that it has a future.
Gert

Post by Gert »

jack31 wrote: Thu 25. Feb 2021, 13:08 I'm rather open-source
Open Source is not automatic "for free". Open Source just means open Sourcecode.
jack31 wrote: Thu 25. Feb 2021, 12:21 It's only been online for a few hours (still empty of content and not even set up for search engines) that the website https://tuto-cmsimple.reseauk.info/ with the keywords "cmsimple français" is already on the first Google page in sixth place.
I guess, the reason are the links from this forum.

If you add an imprint (Impressum, legal notices) to your website, you can have a link directly from cmsimple.org:

https://www.cmsimple.org/?Danksagung

to your translations page:

https://tuto-cmsimple.reseauk.info/?lan ... n%C3%A7ais

Gert
jack31

Post by jack31 »

If you add an imprint (Impressum, legal notices) to your website, you can have a link directly from cmsimple.org:
Yes, although it's a bit early for that (my decision hasn't been made yet) because this space is still in its infancy and I don't know the future yet.

But it's going to be okay. I will keep this space for my personal construction and ...the prosperity ;)
Open Source is not automatic "for free". Open Source just means open Sourcecode.
I know this perfectly well but in your case, the subject is hot and it is not the very old users of "_XH" who will contradict me. ;)
[(Google]I guess, the reason are the links from this forum..
Of course, this contributed to it but it means above all that Google likes CMSimple which is very well built on this side and it's a benefit.

I should put a first site online today with your CMS.

Ps: For the translations.

What does "«" mean in for example :

Code: Select all

« Back to comments